Why Worship The Lord?
Worship the Lord
We come to worship for many different reasons
- We come to confess our sins and to receive God’s forgiveness.
- We come to give our burdens to the Lord.
- We come to be reminded of the love that is ours in Christ Jesus, a love that is like no other.
- We come to sing God’s praises and to give thanks for His many blessings.
- We come seeking to learn more about God’s will for our lives.
- We come to have our faith strengthened by the Holy Spirit.
- We come the mutual conversation and consolation found in Christian fellowship.
- We come to hear of God’s promises, including those that await their fulfillment at the end of time.
- We come to take hold of the life that is truly life.
Sometimes we come to worship with grateful hearts (Psalm 16:2).
- At other times, we come with weary souls (Matthew 11:28-29).
- Then there are times we come with broken-hearts and crushed spirits (Psalm 34:18).
- On occasion, we may come burdened by guilt and shame (Psalm 51:3).
- Whatever the case may be, we come today to call on the Lord, our God.
- Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth (Psalm 124:8).