Sunday, 22 October 2017

Come Visit Us

674 Johnson Pkwy.
St. Paul, MN 55106
(651) 774-2396

Directions

English language services

  • at 9:15am on Sunday.
  • at 6:45pm on Wednesday - new time!

Spanish language service

  • at 11:00am on Sunday.

Hmong language service

  • at 1:00pm on Sunday.
[This page]  

History of Our Saviour's Lutheran Church

In 2014, Our Saviour's celebrates 100 years of ministry in Dayton's Bluff on the east side of St. Paul, Minnesota

Our Saviour's in a store front - East 7th St Our Saviour's on Earl and Minnehaha School on Johnson Pkwy

Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church was first known as the "Dayton’s Bluff English Lutheran Mission" - sponsored by the English District of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Missouri, Ohio and Other States. The first place of worship (in November 1913) was a rented store at 835 East Seventh Street. Attendance increased quickly and a call was extended in January of 1914 to Rev. Frederick Oberschulte to become its full time Pastor. A constitution was drafted and adopted by the members of the Mission on June 2, 1914.

Plans were begun to build a new church home - property at the corner of Earl and Minnehaha was acquired and construction began in April of 1915 and the dedication of the new house of worship was held on October 3, 1915.

As the congregation grew, more property was acquired on Johnson Parkway in the 1930s. The recession delayed developing this site until after World War II. A new parsonage and Education Building were erected on the new site in the 1950s and a Christian Day School was begun in 1957.

In 1969 the church on Earl and Minnehaha was sold and the congregation worshipped in the School Auditorium until the new Sanctuary was completed in 1972.

Our Saviour's today - East St. Paul MN

Share this page!

bookmark at: Twitter bookmark at: Facebook bookmark at: MySpace bookmark at: Del.icio.us bookmark at: Digg bookmark at: Yahoo bookmark at: Google bookmark at: Diigo